Membership Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form the basis of the legal relationship between a Member and Hornsby Chamber of Commerce. By proceeding with the registration/joining process, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
Membership of Hornsby Chamber of Commerce is open to any company, firm or person actively engaged in business or a profession or any director or executive officer of a public institution connected with commerce or industry and having a valid ABN in the financial year preceding their membership application shall be eligible for membership of the Chamber and the number of members shall be unlimited. Individuals who do not operate a business are not eligible for membership
Membership Fees are invoiced. Membership gives you access to a range of member only benefits. All fees are inclusive of GST.
Type Annual Fee
The Membership packages have been designed to deliver a flexible set of options that will suit the size and type of various businesses. For any queries about which membership is most suitable, please email [email protected].
- The Annual Membership Fees will be payable in full upfront upon applying for membership (or seeking renewal or reinstatement of membership for subsequent Membership Years (as the case may be).
- If membership is resigned during a Membership Year, the Annual Membership Fees for that Membership Year will not be refunded.
Monthly installment payments:
- Members may choose to select the 12-monthly installment plan for payment of the Annual Membership Fees. The first monthly installment is payable upfront upon applying for membership (or seeking renewal or reinstatement of membership for subsequent Membership Years (as the case may be)) and the remaining balance of the Annual Membership Fee is split equally by the remaining 11 months in the Membership Year with an additional charge for credit card fees. For the remaining 11 months.
- Members who have chosen to pay the Annual Membership Fees by 12-monthly installments must ensure that all payments are completed and that the total Annual Membership Fees have been paid by the end of the Membership Year.
- If a Member chooses to resign their membership prior to the end of the Membership Year, the balance of their Annual Membership Fee (being, all remaining monthly installments) is due and payable immediately upon resignation
A Member may resign membership at any time by written notice of resignation to [email protected]:
Hornsby Chamber of Commerce may terminate membership if: –
- There are outstanding fees, including but not limited to the subscription fee, remain unpaid for a period of three months after the date that payment is due.
- The member may have behaved in an inappropriate manner towards other members, towards Hornsby Chamber of Commerce or members of the general public; are made aware of poor conduct, harassment, bullying or intimidation by the Member towards their clients, Hornsby Chamber of Commerce, or other members of the general public.
- The member brings Hornsby Chamber of Commerce or its reputation and good standing into disrepute through their actions.
- The member breaches these terms and conditions.
Where Hornsby Chamber of Commerce exercises its right to cancel the membership under these circumstances, no refund of any subscription fee already paid or registration fees for upcoming events will returned.
Groups of companies
Where a company that forms part of a group of companies successfully applies for membership, this does not entitle the parent company or any other subsidiary of the parent company to become a Member. Each company in the group shall be required to apply separately for membership or the parent shall take out a collective membership that embraces all parts of the group. The number of staff employed by the entire group (based in or spending part of their time working in Dundee and Angus) will be used to determine the subscription.
Each provision contained in these terms and conditions shall be severable from any other provisions, and if any part of any provision shall be found to be invalid, illegal or void for any reason, this will not affect any other part of such provision or any other provision contained in these terms and conditions, which shall continue to have full force and effect.
These terms and conditions supersede all prior agreements, negotiations, representations and proposals, whether written or oral, concerning the subject matter of the terms and conditions of your membership of The Chamber.
Other Prevailing Conditions
You also agree to be bound by the by-laws of The Chamber as are in force from time to time.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Australia and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Courts.
No rights are conferred on any person who is not a party to these terms and conditions.
You shall not assign any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent. We shall have the right to assign or otherwise delegate all or any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions upon notification to you.
The Chamber gives you no warranty or assurance about any recommendations or referrals we make in respect of third parties and the services they supply. You should always satisfy yourself as to the status of any such third parties and the suitability of the services they supply. All implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The Chamber only provides you with such recommendations and referrals on the basis that all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to any referral or recommendation).
All events must be booked and, where a fee is payable, it must be paid in advance of the event. Failure to comply could result in your place at the event being withdrawn.
Failing to attend an event does not entitle you to a refund unless you have informed us of cancellation in writing within the timescale set out in the event booking form. Any other refunds are entirely at the discretion of The Chamber.
Errors and omissions
Every care is taken to ensure that all information in The Chamber’s publications, including the website and e-newsletter, is correct. However, there may still be errors and we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you find an error or omission, please let us know, and we will verify it and correct it as soon as possible.
Hornsby Chamber of Commerce owns the intellectual property, including copyright, in all content of its publications.
Reproduction of any Hornsby Chamber of Commerce publication is not permitted without prior written authorisation from Hornsby Chamber of Commerce. If Hornsby Chamber of Commerce grants permission, members must give appropriate attribution to the author and date of first publication.
Website Privacy Notice
Visitors to this site should expect that any information collected will be treated within the terms of the NSW Government’s privacy responsibilities and obligations. The NSW Government’s privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales’s Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act). DFSI’s Privacy Management Plan includes Fair Trading.
What information do we collect?
When visitors look at the pages of our website, our computers record information that identifies the:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which accessed it
- top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc.)
- address of the server
- date and time of the visit to the site
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- previous site
- type of browser and operating system you have used.
How do we use the information collected?
- The information collected during each visit to the site and is gathered with similar logged information and published in reports to identify patterns of usage. This will assist us in improving this site and the services offered.
- Hornsby Chamber of Commerce will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual computers, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the NSW PIPP Act and the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015.
Photographs and Shared Media – permission and authorisation
- By completing the membership application, you grant the Hornsby Chamber permission to use the information uploaded in the membership profile, including artwork, logo’s photos for marketing purposes for the Hornsby Chamber of Commerce displayed on the website or social media channels and promotional marketing material.
- By completing the membership application, you agree to authorise and release any photos taken of you or your business at Hornsby Chamber of Commerce events can be used for marketing purposes for the Hornsby Chamber of Commerce displayed on the website or social media channels and promotional marketing material.