Business advice and hands-on work, focused on business improvement
Rycom Business Services offers a fresh perspective that will enable you to focus on what you do best to reach your business goals faster. Services include business planning and improvement, market research and analysis, market development and new customer growth.
Why did you start your business?
Rycom Business Services was established by Ray David to offer a range of services targeted at helping businesses grow, particularly those in a “business-to-business” market.
What’s the story behind your business?
A business based on my many years of experience and interest in business management, assessment and improvement programs.
What are the benefits of your products and services?
Rycom Business Services combines sound business improvement tools with practical, hands-on experience to provide a unique resource for growing businesses. The company’s Principal makes his knowledge and experience available to business owners and managers.
How do you help your customers?
By delivering a range of business improvement services tailored to each client. The starting point for our work together is a business performance assessment (a self-assessment questionnaire on the Rycom website, http://rycom.net.au/assessment) to identify current issues and strengths in the business – a complimentary service bundled with an initial consultation. From this point, a series of actions are developed, forming the basis of our working partnership.
What is unique about you and your business?
My own blend of experience and skills used to deliver tailored business improvement programs. The Business Performance Assessment questionnaire on the Rycom website is a great starting point, but the journey and destination can be very different for each business.
Why are you passionate about your area of work?
It is very satisfying to see companies reach the next stage of their growth.
How do you keep yourself and your team motivated?
Continual improvement of my skills.
Why do you love being a local Hornsby Shire business?
Hornsby has a great diversity of businesses.
Why are you a member of the Hornsby Chamber?
To be a part of the local business community.
Why do you think small businesses are so important to the local communities and Australian economy?
Small businesses are the backbone of product/service delivery and employment in Australia.
What are your top 5 tips for business growth?
- Ask yourself “what are we good at, why do people buy from us and why do we win”. Once you have an answer, build your business around it.
- They say that the definition of insanity is doing things the same way and expecting a different outcome. Sometimes to get that increase in sales you’re looking for you don’t need to work harder, you need to approach your market differently.
- Understand which type of customers and products are the most profitable and which aren’t, then focus on the more profitable ones.
- Know what’s happening in your marketplace. Getting and keeping informed in the digital age is so easy, it just takes a willingness to do it.
- Employ good people you can trust, then trust them.
Who inspires you and why?
I admire the business owners I work with the most. They put their heart and soul into what they do. Their enthusiasm for their businesses is fuel enough for me.
To find out more about Rycom Business Services, visit: http://rycom.net.au